Monday 28 January 2013

The City Project...Revisited

I have just finished my 2 weeks working on the City Project in our groups. So in my last post I was talking about Cardiff's arcades, and this is what my final outcome was with my group!






In our groups we all chose a place to focus our research on under the theme of 'the hidden city.' We all used our own areas of expertise and came up with this!! 

Here are my designs which I used in the presentation:

I created these using Photoshop and the photos that I took on my visit to the Arcades. 

When looking back at the photos I took of the Arcade I noticed I mainly focused on the ceiling. I then did a brainstorm to try and bring it back to my original aim of making the arcades more well-known. I decided on trying to project my designs of the ceiling on to the floor of the arcade in the hope of making people walking through, notice the old Victorian detailing. I tried to show this on these designs using Photoshop again.


I am so pleased with how they came out, although they're not perfect I think they show my ideas nicely. 
I would love to actually do this on the arcade floor!! Maybe one day!

So I am back now in my textiles group working in print and stitch using the ideas formed here to create a final piece in about 8 weeks time! Exciting stuff :)



No comments:

Post a Comment